Business Costs Assistance Program
Applications are now open for the Circuit Breaker Business Support Package, the package aims to support Victorian businesses most affected by the May-June 2021 circuit breaker action. The package will provide grants of either $2500 or $5,000 for eligible businesses.
Eligible businesses will operate in one of the following industries:-
- Non-essential retail
- Events and related services
- Services and education
- Health care and social assistance
The below link contains all eligible ANZSIC industry codes, your ABN will need to be registered against one of these codes to be eligible.
In addition to being an eligible industry you must also:-
- be located within Victoria
- have incurred direct costs because of the restrictions and cannot fully operate remotely
- have an annual Victorian payroll of up to $10 million in 2019-20 on an ungrouped basis
- have been registered for Goods and Services Tax (GST) on Thursday 27 May 2021
- hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) and have held that ABN at Thursday 27 May 2021
- be registered with the responsible Federal or State regulator.
- be registered with WorkSafe Victoria
- attest that the business is supporting its workers to access any paid leave entitlements, or that if a person can work from home, to work from home during the circuit breaker action, and supporting their casual workers, where possible.
How to Apply
Applications are open until 11:59pm Thursday 24 June 2021.
You will require the following information ready when completing the application:-
- a valid Australian business number (ABN) for your business in one of these eligible business sectors. The ANZSIC class linked to your ABN registration must be one of these eligible sectors
- if you employ people, your WorkCover Employer Number (WEN) or, if this is yet to be issued, a WorkSafe Application Reference Number (WRN)
- a valid proof of identity document (Australian driver licence, Australian Passport, Medicare Card and Australian visa information and foreign passport).
Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund 2021
Liquor licensees may apply for grants of $3,500 per eligible premises in regional Victoria or $7,000 per eligible premises in metropolitan Melbourne.
The Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions will send invitations to submit applications under this Program directly to the Licensee by using the same email account as the eLicence email registered on the Licensees’ Liquor Portal Account with the Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation. Completed application forms are to be submitted to the Department.
Businesses can only receive a grant from either the Business Costs Assistance Program Round Two or the Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund 2021, not both.
If you submit applications to both programs and are found to be eligible under both programs, you will only receive one grant. You should check your eligibility for both programs before deciding to apply.
This document contains general advice only and is prepared without taking into account your particular objectives, financial circumstances and needs. The information provided is not a substitute for legal, tax and financial product advice. Before making any decision based on this information, you should speak to a licensed financial advisor who should assess its relevance to your individual circumstances. While The Field Group believes the information is accurate, no warranty is given as to its accuracy and persons who rely on this information do so at their own risk. The information provided in this bulletin is not considered financial product advice for the purposes of the corporations Act 2001.